Primal For 21 Days – Day 2

Well for me just starting this out of the blue things are going pretty good.  Guess all of my past attempts at eating primal is paying off and for that I’m grateful.

So now where to do I began, let me see….well I guess the best thing to happen for the day is that I slept in.  Yep, I slept through breakfast and didn’t get up until 1100 hours.  Now you may think what the hell is she doing, is she crazy, she is going to get fired.  Although getting fired is always an option no matter what the job, but I have some job security.  Going back to sleeping in let me tell you that I went to bed at 0200 hours and was struggling to get to sleep and then after about 20 minutes I had a coughing fit.

So I woke up coughing and didn’t stop for about 30 minutes, causing pain in my lower back, stomach and chest from all of the coughing and I’m lucky that I didn’t wake up the whole neighborhood with my coughing.  Also with all of the water that I was drinking I had to make frequent trips you know where.  I finally managed to calm down a bit after taking the Rx cough medicine and went to sleep but that didn’t last very long.  At about 0520 hours this morning I woke up coughing and I was having a very hard time stopping and yes I was sore again.  Let me tell you I was really beginning to wonder if I would ever feel better because on previous nights I’ve not had coughing fits as intense.  After getting up and wandering around and downing some water to try and get myself to relax I remembered that I had the generic brand of children’s liquid Zyrtec which is just for allergies.  My Rx cough syrup wasn’t working so I figured why not give it a try.

What a difference, my throat relaxed and my coughing eased up dramatically so I thought hey why not try to go back to sleep.  Bad choice because I lay down and then started coughing but when I sat up things eased in my coughing.  So I pulled my sitting pillow that has arms and back support and added one of my pillows for back support and the other for my head allowing me to sleep upright.  After 20 minutes I had fallen asleep but woke up when I started to turn over which doesn’t work very well.  Seeing that I had relaxed enough, I decided to take a chance on sleeping laying down.

It worked and I was able to get back to sleep but had set my alarm for 0830 hours hoping to do a morning walk but when I got up I still felt a little tired so I decided to go back to sleep.  The best thing is that when I woke up at 0830 hours I was feeling pretty good and there was only a little bit of soreness in my throat.  I grabbed a sip of water and went back to bed and slept heavily and slept until 1100 hours.  It is amazing how much better I feel after sleep.  I actually think that I’m on the mend because there is less irritation in my throat and my allergies seem to be coming back under control.  The sad thing is that I never had such intense allergies until I was an adult.

So as I stated, I slept through breakfast but before I fixed my salad I needed some caffeine so I had a cup of coffee for a late coffee break but that was after I showered.  So I sat there relaxing with my cup of coffee which actually made my throat feel better so I might bring a coffee pod to work just in case I have tightness in my throat.  Without further adieu let me list my meals.

Early Brunch:

Coffee with Stevia/Creamer 1 cup 2
Vitamin C – Emergen-C 1 packet 6


Tunafish Salad:Tuna/Mayo/Mustard/Chopped Egg 1/2 cup 0.2
Salad:Lettuce/Tomato/Carrots/Bacon/Cheese/Dressing 1 1/2 cup 7.5


Hamburger Patty – Juicy Lean Premade Patty 1 0
Applewood Bacon – Thick 2 slices 0
Cheese – Provolone 1 slice 0
Broccoli – Frozen 1 cup 6
Sprakling Water – Strawberry 12 oz 0
Avocado – Medium 2-Jan 0.7


Coffee w/Stevia/Creamer 1 cup 2


Now this is what I’m taking with me to work for dinner.  There may be some add-ons such as coffee or maybe some almonds in case I get hungry but only time will tell.   I’m also going to drink more water especially when I think that I’m hungry.  I’ve read that often we eat because of what we feel but when actually our body is telling us that we are dehydrated.  So I’m going to try drinking more water.  Since I don’t like the taste of the water even out of the water fountain I will be bringing my Britta filter water bottle so I can at least filter out some of the yucky taste.  So we will see what the rest of the night holds in store for me.

Okay for those of you who may have viewed this day earlier you will see that there was a slight change.  I was able to get half an avocado which was yummy.  Then I’m topping it all off with a cup of coffee, it is a wonderful way for me to relax.  Yes I can relax with a cup of coffee even without any alcohol being put in it.

I hope that I don’t have to talk too much at work because I know that will strain my throat but I’m going to the store to pick up some more children’s liquid allergy med before going to work.  I will be prepared and I will conquer my illness.  Yeah I know I say that now since I’m almost done with it but I figure over 10 days is enough time being sick.

So maybe I’ll be back to update today or maybe not.  Either way thanks for tuning in and hopefully by next Wednesday I will have even happier news.  At least 1-2 pounds and hopefully I will have a good start on getting control of my weight.  See you soon and thanks for tuning in.

Oh real quick, we ended up celebrating one of co-worker’s birthday early, it is tomorrow but that is her day off and then she is moving to another department so we won’t be able to visit with her like we usually do.  They had pizza, cheesecake, cupcakes and candy and you would be proud of the fact that I passed on all of the treats and enjoyed my dinner.  It tasted it great and I think I feel better having kept to my primal way of eating.  i FEEL GREAT !!!!!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s